BCSC recognizes volunteers as one of our most precious resources. Volunteers play an integral role in the continuing success and positive evolution of our organization. As a volunteer at BCSC you will gain the following benefits:
- Orientation and on the job training that will provide you with the knowledge needed to carry out the duties assigned to you.
- Opportunity to meet new people, learn new skills or utilize existing skills and gain experience in a charitable organization focused on health and wellness in the field of breast cancer.
- Knowledge of the needs of breast cancer patients and their families.
- A sense of being valued and needed, combined with the knowledge that your efforts make a difference and are a positive contribution to the organization and the women in this community.
Areas of Opportunities for Volunteers:
- Board of Directors – BCSC is managed through a volunteer Board of Directors. The Foundation is seeking individuals whose expertise and experience will continue to direct and guide the organization forward in meeting its ambitious goals for the future.
- Special Events – BCSC has a number of community fundraising initiatives throughout the year carried out by a dedicated and creative core of volunteers. Assistance is required in activities such as event planning, sponsorship, ticket sales, room and table décor and payment processing.
- Speaking Engagements – A number of groups request a patient volunteer to speak on behalf of the Foundation and share their experience and benefit derived from participating in the programs offered through BCSC.
- Office Administration – Keeping the office running efficiently and effectively is a top priority. Volunteers assist by offering assistance with helping organize the lending library, photocopying, scanning and mail-outs.
Current Volunteer Opportunities: Please keep checking back for positions.